Is that “do to” list keeping you awake, tossing and turning or did you sleep like a baby and wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start the day.
Not everyone finds getting a good nights sleep easy.
I can’t tell you enough how important rest is for your body and mind.
Here are some of the best reasons to get more sleep:
- Improves your memory
- Extends your life
- Boosts your creativity
- Strengthens your immune system
- Reduces your risk for depression
- Improves your physical performance
- Sharpens your attention
- Reduces your stress
- Helps your body heal itself
- Helps you lose weight
- Makes you more alert
The list goes on and on…..
How do you sleep? Are you getting enough?
Here are my top tips for a better night’s sleep – I’d love to know which works for you best..
So whether you wake up mid way through or have trouble getting off to sleep, try these top tips to a better, peaceful nights sleep, start feel happier and healthier – NOW!
- Turn off the television, laptop, and mobile phone at least 1 hour before bed.
* Read fiction before you go to sleep. They allow you to absorb the information, whilst relaxing at the same time. Work or no-fiction books pre-occupies the brain as you try to interpret the information.
- Have a pad by the bed if you wake with that nagging thought of needing to remember something in the morning, write it down and you’ll get straight back off to sleep.
* Aim to get to bed & to sleep by 10.30pm each night. It amazing how good you feel after a good solids night’s sleep!
* Try to reduce the stress in your life – I know it’s easier said than done!
- Dim the lights! Literally! Aim to have a completely blacked out room, it will make all the difference.
- Get your daily dose of Vitamin D and fresh air – aim to get outside for at least 30 minutes each day, regardless of weather.
- Eat a banana before bed, a piece of fruit 1 hr before bed will stimulate I-trytophan, which in turn helps to secrete dopamine, which REALLY helps sleep.
- Take a bath – add some magnesium oil. It’s a fabulous relaxant and has the added bonus of being beneficial to every cell in the body. The secret is bone health not calcium as most people think.
* Consider your diet. Reduce the caffeine, salt, sugar and alcohol in your diet and you’ll be amazed at just how well you will sleep. Ask the Devon Fit Camp Team! The jet-lag feeling has vanished!
Try one or a combination of these for an amazing nights’ sleep where you will wake up with phenomenal energy ready for the day ahead, including increasing the intensity of your workout, perfect!
A good nights’ sleep will leave you feeling refreshed AND you wouldn’t have the feeling of “need to survive” on caffeine.
Try these tips tonight and let me know how you get on..
If your top tip isn’t there, I’d love to know what works best for you..